Funeral program templates are a quick and inexpensive way to create a beautiful funeral program on your home computer and printer. Funeral program templates are pre-formatted computer files that usually have graphics on the cover, and placeholder information for all of the elements of a funeral program. These simple tips can help you choose a design and create your treasured keepsake.
1. Decide on a design or theme. You can search the internet for pre-designed templates with a variety of graphic designs. Try to find a design that will reflect you loved one’s uniqueness. Funeral program templates come in a variety of colors and themes, including floral, landscape, religious and more.
2. Once you have selected a design, decide which layout you will need. Funeral program templates can come in a variety of paper sizes and layouts including, bi-fold, tri-fold, graduated styles and can be sized at 8 1/2″ x 11″, 8 1/2 x 14″ and 11″ x 17″ and more. The size and layout you choose will be determined by how much information you want to include in your program. Funeral programs can contain the information such as the order of service, funeral poems, funeral scripture verses, obituaries and photo collages. Decide which elements you will include and pick the layout that accommodate all of your information.
3. Purchase a program that you can use on your computer. Funeral Program Templates can be purchased in a variety of software programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, InDesign, and Apple Word processing Software.
4. Download your funeral program template and add your information. Most templates are available for immediate download. Once downloaded, you can begin adding photos and information
5. Proofread your program, and print. Most funeral program templates are in color. Ensure that you have enough ink or toner on hand. Allow sufficient time for you funeral programs to print out. Most template are double-sided, and may take a while to print. Also remember to allow sufficient time for folding.