- Make sure the images you choose is the person who died; some family members resemble others, so it’s always best to double check.
- Select images that compliment his or her features, preferably ones in which the person is smiling or grinning.
- Don’t use main images that are so outdated that your loved one is unrecognizable. Baby and childhood pictures are typically added on the inside of the program.
- Make sure the images are clear enough to enlarge and reproduce.
Tag Archives | funeral program photos
Photos can help make your funeral or memorial service special and unique. Photos help focus the attention on the deceased, and help grieving family members and friends reflect on the fond memories of their loved one. There are many ways that photos can be incorporated into your service. Here are a few suggestions for using photos in funeral memorial services.
1. Display a large photo in a prominent place during the ceremony.
2. Display a photo collage. Photos can be mounted on poster board and displayed on an easel.
3. Video slide shows can be made from assembling electronic photos and using slide show software to compile a video collage.
4. Set up a photo display table that has photo albums, and framed pictures from different times in his or her life. Attendees can be encouraged to bring photos to display.
5. Funeral programs or memorial folders which include special memorial poems, song lyrics, special notes and photo collages.
6. Prayer Cards, bookmarks or customized plantable cards to give as keepsakes.
Using photos can make your service unique and special, and can help grieving friends and family members cherish memories for years to come.