A funeral program template is a pre-formatted document that helps you create funeral program or memorial service bulletins quickly and easily. Here are a few quick tips for using your funeral program template
1. Download your template to an easy to find folder on your computer.
2. Make a copy of the original template, so that if you need to start from the beginning, you will have a clean copy.
3. Make sure you save your template frequently. Do not rely on Autosave features from your word processor.
4. Make sure you have all of your information ready (such as funeral poems, funeral songs lyrics, obituary, and all other information). If possible, try to get everything in electronic form so that you can just copy and paste into your template.
5. If adding pictures, it may be easier to crop or resize your images before you add them to your template.
6. Proof! Proof! Proof!
7. Print a test copy, and proof again.
8. If printing at home, make sure you have enough ink on hand.
9. If you will be taking your template to a print or copy shop, make sure you know what file format the printer needs. Some print and copy shops will only take the file in PDF form (and not Microsoft Word or Publisher format). There are many PDF converters available on the internet, and some are even free.
10. Make sure you allow time for folding. Special folds such as trifold or graduated fold my require additional time.