If you have just lost a friend or loved one and are faced with the task of writing an obituary, you may not know where to start. Writing an obituary can be an overwhelming process, and it often helps to have a sample, template or guide to help you get started. The internet is the perfect place to find sample obituaries, an obituary template or other useful guidance to help you get through this process.
Obituary templates are are guides for helping you to create your obituary. Obituary templates can be checklist to help you gather and organize all of the information that you will need in order to begin writing. These templates can also be in paragraph format with placeholder information to assist you with wording your obituary. Templates also come in a short and long version. The short obituary template is often used as an funeral or death announcement. The longer obituary templates can be used to create obituaries that can be published in funeral or obituary programs or read aloud at funeral and memorial services.
Sample obituaries are also very helpful. Reading sample obituaries can help you find the right “tone” or “voice” for your obituary. There are many sample obituaries available on the Internet. You can read obituaries from your local newspaper to get a feel for how you will write your obituary. Once written, don’t forget to include your obituary in printed memorials such as funeral programs and memorial folders.
Anobituary template can help you write an obituary for a recently deceased friend or loved one. Obituary templates are often used to help create funeral or obituary programs that can be handed out during funeral or memorial services. Obituary programs can contain graphics, funeral poems, scriptures funeral songs and other elements are are often kept by friends and family members as keepsakes.
An important part of an obituary or funeral program is the actual obituary. The obituary tells of the deceased person’s life. It is used to remember and honor the deceased. Obituaries that are published in funeral or obituary programs are usually several paragraphs and may contain the following information.
Date of birth, place of birth
Date of death, place of death
Circumstances of death
Plans for the viewing (if applicable) and the funeral and memorial service
Names of high schools or colleges attended or graduated
Military service and decorations
Religious affiliations, church membership
Jobs held – including retirement
Names and relations of family members
There are many resources available in books and on the internet to help you write an obituary, as well as sample obituaries. In addition to the obituary, you may want to consider including a photo, family photos, memorial poems, scriptures and other items that will help honor and remember your loved one.
Funeral program templates are a quick and inexpensive way to create a beautiful funeral program on your home computer and printer. Funeral program templates are pre-formatted computer files that usually have graphics on the cover, and placeholder information for all of the elements of a funeral program. These simple tips can help you choose a design and create your treasured keepsake.
1. Decide on a design or theme. You can search the internet for pre-designed templates with a variety of graphic designs. Try to find a design that will reflect you loved one’s uniqueness. Funeral program templates come in a variety of colors and themes, including floral, landscape, religious and more.
2. Once you have selected a design, decide which layout you will need. Funeral program templates can come in a variety of paper sizes and layouts including, bi-fold, tri-fold, graduated styles and can be sized at 8 1/2″ x 11″, 8 1/2 x 14″ and 11″ x 17″ and more. The size and layout you choose will be determined by how much information you want to include in your program. Funeral programs can contain the information such as the order of service, funeral poems, funeral scripture verses, obituaries and photo collages. Decide which elements you will include and pick the layout that accommodate all of your information.
3. Purchase a program that you can use on your computer. Funeral Program Templates can be purchased in a variety of software programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, InDesign, and Apple Word processing Software.
4. Download your funeral program template and add your information. Most templates are available for immediate download. Once downloaded, you can begin adding photos and information
5. Proofread your program, and print. Most funeral program templates are in color. Ensure that you have enough ink or toner on hand. Allow sufficient time for you funeral programs to print out. Most template are double-sided, and may take a while to print. Also remember to allow sufficient time for folding.